The Brampton Library is hosting an event for residents to discover the newest and most exciting technology. At the Tech Fair on October 24, you can learn more about computer applications, robotics, 3D printing, social media and more. Watch exciting demonstrations and ask the experts about your newest device or app. The event is open to all ages and abilities.
Now Creative Group will be facilitating a workshop on social media and Cipher will be hosting coding workshops!
— Brampton Library (@BramptonLibrary) October 6, 2015
Highlights of the Tech Fair include:
- Digital Storytime hub
- Workshop for Parents & Students (K-10) intro to Little Bits Electronics, Student-Built RepRap, 3D Printer, Rocket Science Math (using air powered straw rockets), Hydraulic 4-axis Robot Arm from Room 2C
- Castlebrook School Electronics Club demonstrating their award winning robots.
- QR code scavenger hunt
- Coding workshops with Project Cipher and Spark Education
- Tech Demos from Sheridan College, Trios College and Medix College, including topics like 3D printing, science behind solar panels, and drone technology
- Workshops on Social Media Marketing (hosted by Now’s Creative Director), Coding, Animation and more.
- RIC Centre tech start-ups exhibition. Discover some of the newest tech companies in Peel Region.
- Intro to technology for beginners, workshops and the opportunity to try out the newest gadgets to inform your next purchase
- Onion Corp. showing off their innovative Onion console.
- CNIB, CELA and Canadian Hearing Society will introduce you to the newest adaptive technologies for those who are hearing or visually impaired.
- Workshop taught in Punjabi, teaching participants how to access magazines, newspapers and more in Punjabi and Hindi
- 3D Arts showing off their 3D printing technology
- Opportunity to bring in your ereader, tablet or smart phone and learn how to download free music, magazines and ebooks from the library.