June 12, 2013 by Now Creative Group
Half rely on Social Media when making a Buying Decision
The world of Social Media is changing every day. Here are 17 new, useful Social Media Statistics.
- 27% of total US internet time is spent on social networking sites.
- 15% of total US mobile internet time is spent on social networking sites.
- Social media produces nearly double the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail or PPC.
- Social lead conversion rates are 13% higher than the average lead conversion rate.
- 21% of marketers say that social media has become more important to their company over the past 6 months.
- 74% of all marketers say Facebook is important to their lead generation strategies.
- Companies that generate more than 1,000 Facebook likes also get close to 1,400 website visits daily.
- 52% of all marketers have found a customer through Facebook in 2013 so far.
- On Facebook, brand posts achieve 50% of their reach within 30 minutes.
- 85% of Facebook fans of brands recommend them to others, compared to 60% of average users.
- 43% of all marketers have found a customer on LinkedIn in 2013 so far.
- 36% of all marketers have found a customer on Twitter in 2013 so far.
- 59% of Twitter users have visited B2B tech brand sites, compared to only 40% of average internet users.
- 25% of consumers who complain about products on Facebook or Twitter expect a response within an hour.
- Women (48%) are more likely than men (43%) to regularly check out a brand’s social page.
- 23% of marketers are investing in blogging and social media this year—a 9% annual increase.
- Approximately 46% of online users rely on social media, when they make a buying decision.
The above statistics are provided by Social Media Today.